Saturday, July 27, 2013

It's Wet.

Very wet.  It has been raining since Thursday and hasn't stopped for more than a short time and doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.  It is good as we need the rain, all the dams in the area are VERY low and this might get them up a bit.  Our yard is underwater so no garden work is being done.  I did plant out a couple of dozen seedlings last week but luckily they are in the tank gardens as if they were in the ground they would be drowned by now.  The chooks are walking in mud and I might need to change them over to a dryer pen if the rain keeps up.

We may need to go out later on so hopefully there will be a bit of a break in the weather or we will have a hairy drive and probably get wet as well but it all adds to the fun I suppose and come lunchtime when we are home and warm inside without having to go outside for anything again it will be all good.

What's the weather like where you are?   Do you like it hot, cold or otherwise?   What do you like doing on wet and cold days like today is here?

1 comment:

  1. Today, it is very hot and dry. However, during the month of July we received an amount of rain comparable to our yearly rainfall. For ten days it rained every day and night. It was horrid. I like the weather sunny, no matter the temperature. But, I do prefer hot, hot dry weather with ac on inside.

    On wet and cold days, I prefer to stay indoors, here or elsewhere. I don't like getting wet when it is warm or cold. Humidity makes me ill with sinus problems that extend to ears, throat, and chest. I am still recovering from the last bout of sinus problems and then it rained again for two days.

    Raining and driving has lost any appeal for me as I age!

    Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete