Monday, June 24, 2013

So Sorry and Thankyou.

This is an apology to all my followers.  Every now and then I do a post thanking people for following and leaving comment.  A generic thankyou.  I'm sorry.  I mean well but really I know that a personal welcome and thankyou each time I get a new follower would be much better.  It's not like I get dozens a week so it should be simple enough to do.   And a reply to the comments within a day or so should also be done but I don't.  I know I like it when I get a reply to comments I leave on blogs and the blogs that never reply to anyone sometimes get taken off my list. 

The sad thing is that though I know I should and would like to, the reality is that I might not say Welcome and reply all the time.   That's the way it is.  And I'm sorry for that too.

Thankyou Rat for bringing this to my attention.

7 comments:

  1. I never welcome anyone. Lots of people don't welcome followers. I don't think it is a hard and fast rule of blogging. Seriously!I do try to respond to all comments. If someone never responds to questions, I will give them many chances and soon just take them off my blog roll. I am surprised by each blogger who welcomes me.

    I don't see your email address. Will you email me?
    pparsimony@yahoo.com

    Thanks,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oops! now I feel guilty because I don't do enough of that either even though I do appreciate when you visit and comment on my blog. Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't welcome followers to my blog but I always reply to their emails. Buy as I check my email addy each day it is just a part of the process. probably nothing to worry about unless you are losing bloogers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops - I meant 'bloggers' not bloogers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people seem to being a bit precious here.. You do not have to welcome every person who becomes a follower.. Nor do you have to reply to every comment.. Don't feel bad..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - whatever floats your boat :)

    I make a point of welcoming new followers, because it's my way of thanking them for hitting the followers button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to you all. Thankyou for the comments. I love hearing/reading what you all think about things and this topic seems to have a few different views. I'd like to be polite and not offend anyone but it's hard to know what different people expect. I know I don't expect it but I do like the way Dani welcomes her followers and I have read some interesting blogs through her. And I'd be lonely without Linda dropping in as often as she does.
    I always look up the person that follows or comments on here, read some good things, but I don't always comment on those blogs so they might think I'm ignoring them...Internet manners, it's a hard one, for me anyway.

    Enjoy you week everyone.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete