Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lone Survivor.

This is the 1 surviving chicken from the flooding and the fox attack
I have it in a box in the bathroom at night. 
Daughter brought the soft toy out for it and it sleeps on top of that at night.

 I put it out under the table during the day.   
This table was given to us and as it has birdcage frames connected to the legs it makes a safe place for any chickens that we have to get out on the grass and have a scratch for bugs. 
When it's a bit wet and cold out there I put a box with hay in with them for shelter and warmth.
If I am outside and able to keep an eye on it I let it scratch around the yard and gardens.

I'm hoping that nothing else happens to this little chick.  It has probably been stressful for it but it is also stressful for me and I don't handle stress too well.  So Little Chicky, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment