Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ten Oranges.

That is what I picked from 1 of the trees this morning.  Five of them have been pecked at by the birds.


I will still eat them, we just cut off the raggedy bits, they taste the same.  This particular tree has only 5 or 6 fruit left on it so I will wrap some cloth around them this morning but I will put the netting around the tree that still has heaps of fruit on it.  No point taking the chance and thinking that the birds will leave it alone because it is close to the house because chances are...they wont care when there is a yummy juicy Orange on offer.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you wish birds could discriminate and know which ones they were welcome to have? I cannot believe it is winter, cold enough for a wood fire, and you have oranges ripe. I need to move where I can have winter and oranges. How cold does it get most days where you are? I can convert from C to F.

    ReplyDelete