Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day.

My husband thinks that I am unaustralian. Because I am not interested in the tennis. Or the cricket. Or any other sports that Australia plays.

So I was thinking...What makes an Australian. Why is he more Australian because he barracks for Australia. I see that it makes him someone who is interested in sports. And I am not. We are still both Australian though. And I am glad of that. Some people see me as a racist. Because I think Australian rules and laws should apply to everyone living here. Everyone in this country should be treated the same. It shouldn't matter what race I am when I am filling out forms. That question should not even be on the paper. People are people and the rules should be the same.

I have no wish to travel outside of our great country but would like to see more of what we have on offer here. One day that may happen. Not that I will see our country in a day but you know what I mean. lol.

If you follow sports, good on you. If you don't, good on you too, it takes all sorts to make a country like ours.

There are some problems though and if I ever get into politics I will see what I can do about fixing them. But until then I will continue to live here, I will continue not following the tennis and cricket. I will continue being an Australian. And I will enjoy it, I hope you do to.

Whatever your views on the subjects are...Have a great day but don't eat too many Lamingtons!

No comments:

Post a Comment