Monday, December 21, 2009

Free Food

Today will be another day of eating what we have produced ourselves.

I will have scrambled eggs with tomato, onion, zucchini added for breakfast.
Lunch will be rooster and salad. I could add cheese to this as it was free from Hubby's work.
Vegetable fritters for tea. I have zucchini that needs to be used and will add anything else that is out there. Will have these with rooster or fish that Hubby caught.
Throughout the day I will munch on strawberries and apricots.

I hate spending money so being able to grow our own food really pleases me. I do still need to get more stuff in and plan on getting seeds into some empty drums this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, thank you - you have inspired me! Mmmmm! Now what to start with??
    Blessings
    Jilly oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, the more people growing our own food the better. Tomatoes are easy. So is leafy lettuce, I have trouble with the hearting sort.
    Start with something you like and will eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barb, for all the encouragement I bought some seeds today lets see............
    OK I have Broccoli, Celery and Cucumber I always have success with celery but not broccoli or cucumber so I thought I would try again. I will also get so tomatoes and lettuces and let you know how I go!
    Do you live in Perth?
    Blessings,
    Jilly oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jilly. We're about an hour and a half south of Perth.

    ReplyDelete